Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Weekly Canning Class


One great blessing from the warm weather is the abundant amount of fruit we have this year.  As a result we have excess and I often find myself cutting out bad spots and making jam…..and making jam. 
           
Peaches, yellow and white
          Nectarines
          Plums
          Apples
          Cherries

Canning fruit is more enjoyable with friends.  So I’d like to start a weekly canning class, on Thursdays, abundant fruit permitting.  From 10 am-3 pm, or for as long as you can stay.  Weekly I’ll post to my blog spot anotefromthefarm.blogspot.com, about what we will be canning that week, if you are interested just add a comment to the comment section and I’ll include the first four people that respond.

This will be a bring your own jars, and lids class, and the farm will provide the fruit and canning supplies for a fee of $20 per person, or a prearranged trade.  I will list which size jars each week.  The canned goods produced that day will be equally divided.  So if you think that you’d like to learn, or you’d like to know where your fruit comes from, or how much sugar is in them, and how to process it please sign-up.

As for this week, Thursday July 19th, we will be canning either nectarines or white peaches.  Please bring pint (16 oz.) jars and appropriate lids.

No comments:

Post a Comment