Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Batik and Apple Butter - take 2

Take two on the creative/canning day.  Due to the lovely weather, it was raining for the first time in months, my family went on a bike ride last Saturday.  Crazy I know, but we've got to choose those activities that invite the rain to stay.  If we had stayed inside and made ourselves cozy, the rain would have laughed and ran away.  But the bike ride wasn't all we did, we collected charms.  Once again downtown Leavenworth had something super cool for families to do, ironically Golden had seen a bracelet that I had with charms and asked me where he could get some.  While checking my email, a posting from the Book Barn, a local book shop, included in invite to the annual charm scavenger hunt.  Here's our beautiful collection.  This event was a total success, of the 16 participating stores, I had not been in seven of them.  I esteem myself as a frequenter of local, I like to know all of the local shops.  Here's a few of the new ones we checked out:  Asher's, super hip clothing shop, The Party Store for all of your party needs, and my boys favorite - Jo Jo Dee's Pet Shop, they loved the fish. 
 
So this Saturday, September 1st, we will be making pumpkin apple butter in a crock pot, thus freeing up some time to start working on a batik project of your choice. Here are are few examples to get you excited to come and have fun.  Please bring an item to batik, like a white t-shirt or a white sheet cut down to a reasonable size.  Let me know if you are interested in participating.








No comments:

Post a Comment