Thursday, August 23, 2012

Batik and Apple Butter on Saturday

This Saturday I'll be canning and being artistic, as I often need an artistic release with color to invigorate my mind, and free my soul.  Many of you have asked for an evening or weekend canning class, evenings would be to hard for me as I do farm work all day while juggling my boys, I'd be exhausted.  As for Saturday, guess I should have sent this out earlier, but life has been busy, and I haven't had any computer time this week till now. 

Saturday around 10 we'll get started and peal apples like crazy, don't worry I've got the hand crank peelers.  We'll load all of the apples up into crock pots and then we'll be artistic.  Amy, my dear sister-in-law, we'll be showing us how to batik, think tye-dye painting. This takes some time and minimal artistic skills, if you can trace you can do this.  Bring a shirt, pillow-case, or white sheet.

At the conclusion we'll turn the apples into apple butter - pumpkin and carmel, can them and be done.   This will be almost all day.  Let me know if you are interested!

2 comments:

  1. kerri, i will be there in spirit. seriously. i could use some artistic/canning time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a question for you, remember I'm a complete beginner. Do you have to can the butters? It's only for preserving right,I mean can I cook them in my slow cooker and then just consume? I don't know how to can, not something I'm ready to take on in Japan. Okay, another question, once I cook the butter's how long do you think they would last if they aren't preserved in a canning jar? I was thinking about making and gifting butters to friends.
    I've been so excited about making butters...

    ReplyDelete