My first county fair ribbon for my peach jam. Loved seeing what others had submitted, especially the quilts and photographs. Golden loved the lego display and the animals. Rivers felt like he need a closer look at each pig so he climbed each and everyone of their gates. Next year I hope to support my county more by adding more submissions and talking others into it too.
As for canning classes this week, Thursday we will be processing apples into sauce and dehydrating
and making apple chips. If you'd like to come I start some time around
10 a.m. Bring quart sized jars with new lids. Hope that you'll join
us.

If I lived there I would be there every week for the canning class. I love love love canning and miss having a buddy to do it with. As well as doing it with good peaches and apples. Just can't get great local peaches here and there are no local apples to be found - it's too blasted hot.
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure if I'm more inspired to make jam or support my local community? Actually I'm more inspired to move to Kansas and be your neighbor!
ReplyDelete