So I've recently read an article about New Year's Resolutions and how this season is actually a horrible time to set goals of change. Nature is in a state of dormancy and waiting. Days are short, cold, and still dark. Not exactly a time of being excited for change. Springtime, however, is an ideal time for renewal, cleansing and adding new purpose to life. This year I've decided to try out my resolutions for these last few winter months, see how they fit, and then on April 1st, my favorite holiday, I'll put them in writing and really get going. Of, course I write this and make it public in order to hold my self to it. Hoping there will be some outside pressure from you all to help remind me and hold me to my promises.
I realize the setting resolutions on the first of April can be seen as a bit funny or even a way to pull a 'just kidding' when I don't stick to them. But since it is a day of fun, laughter, and teasing others, I find it the perfect day to stop taking everything so serious and really enjoy life. With this perspective in tow I plan to write out my newly tested resolutions and plow on through the year. Hope this doesn't spoil your own personal plans, but instead acts as a check, a check that on April 1st, three months from now, you are still going strong with your own personal pursuits.
No comments:
Post a Comment