Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I'm a Winner!

The first time I ever won something I was in Kindergarten.  Raffle tickets were sold and a doll was the prize.  Knowing the limited budget of a Kindergartener, I probably turned on some charm and convinced my mother to buy me a ticket.  I'm sure it was just 'a' ticket, we were never the family that bought tons to increase our odds, we were always 'let's just support' the cause kind of family.  When my ticket was pulled my life changed.  My mother also fell in love with this beautiful German cabbage patch doll, so she bought me another one.  She set her up high and I had to earn $10 by doing chores.  Ten dollars when you are five is huge, it seem monumental, unrealistic, and out of reach.  Yet there she sat, just close enough to get me to do $10 worth of five-year-old chores.  As an adult I wonder what those chores were?  Funny I can remember the doll, the amount, having to do chores, but I can't remember what the chores themselves were, this gives me hope as a mom that my kids will remember the good parts not the 'chores'.

This posting however isn't about me winning a doll when I was five, although cute, it's about me being a winner now as a 34 year-old.  Periodically others have give-away(s) on their blogs.  I don't know why we are so trusting of these and not the crazy offers we get via spam mail, but for some reason since they are typically posted by people we know, we believe and choose to participate.  Back on January 4th I posted about why I should win a cookbook, I didn't only blog about it but I did all of the requirements to increase my own odds.  Result:  I'm the WINNER!  Can't wait to receive, peruse the photos, drool, and wonder about some of the mysterious ingredients.  I promise I'll share some of my findings.  Till the arrival and the trials stay posted.  I'm also thinking of having my own give away.  If there is something you'd love to receive from me that I've made in the past let me know and I'll consider what to do.

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo!! I've never won any of the blogging world give aways I've entered... how cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. are cob ovens an option for the prize?

    love,
    your new mexico friends

    ReplyDelete