Friday, January 6, 2012
The Most Unlikely Visitor
Since our neighbors moved we are the only farm at the end of our road. When we hear a car we get excited that perhaps someone is coming to visit us. Today it was the postman and the garbage man, Fridays are always at least two visitor day. But yesterday we had an unlikely visitor that our dogs alarmed us to. A large cow stroller right down our drive way like it was looking for a friendly farm to reside on. It was the funniest thing to watch, she was so casual coming down the drive. Thankfully two of our dogs didn't approve of her taking up residence here and chased her off. When I say two dogs, of course Isa was there, she's the most territorial dog we have, but the other dog surprised us all. Yogurt ran right up to that cow and chased her off. Yogurt is my brother's Alaskan Huskie, the most skiddish dog I've ever met. She high tails it from all of our dogs, including when we've had puppies, as well as our goats, people, even chickens make her nervous. Having been raised in Alaska I wonder what she thought it was, a moose perhaps? Who knows, I'll I know is she didn't keep her distance and she scared that huge cow off. What a brave moment for little Yogi.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment