Saturday, January 28, 2012

Farming - Keeping it Real

I'm intrigued and pulled in by beautiful blogs with wonderful, awh inspiring stories and flawless pictures, especially blogs about farming.  I realize that I too can paint an amazing picture of our farm life, but it's not always real, so I promise to share different sides, including the ugly side of farming. 

Today that side is death.  Four of our dogs ran away and only three came back.  They left behind the skiddish, scared dog, the one that I would be the most concerned about if left alone.  We went looking for her.  My four-year-old spotted her on the train tracks.  Our Alaskan Husky named Yogurt laid there peacefully, but as my son put it so well, "Now she's with Sue (our dog that got run over by our neighbor), Orion, Jesus, and God."  What more assurance does one need then the understanding of a four-year-old.

No comments:

Post a Comment