Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Trip to the Pumpkin Patch

Oh, it's glorious fall.  The crisp, cool mornings, the changing leaves, colors galore, and that sweet smell of crunchy, dry leaves.  By far this is my favorite season.  We actually had such a cold spell in September that I thought we were going to skip right over to winter, leaving me longing for the joys of this season.  Our weeks have been full and so have our weekends.  We've went to the Lamborn Pumpkin Patch.  It's an older farm and it has that old feel about it.  Maybe because they have big trees with the perfect swings, or was it the 100 year old barn?  Perhaps it was the darling older woman at the mic yodeling.  We didn't feel rushed, it was the perfect mosey around atmosphere, and instead of lousy food vendors, like at pumpkin patches we've gone to in the past, they served hamburgers from their beef cows, which were grilled to order.  It was a wonderful family trip.  Thank you Lamborn Farm!

Fun for Everyone






Riding in the Train
Picking out a Pumpkin

1 comment:

  1. I love it! :) We haven't gotten out to a pumpkin patch here yet, but we should... I love your photos! :) And we've had a cold snap, too - feeling the same right about now! Kiddo, especially, is REALLY excited for it to be Christmas, although he's okay with having Halloween first, LOL. I just like it not being 95 degrees outside anymore. :) Enjoy FALL!!! :)

    ReplyDelete