Saturday, October 1, 2011

Recipe of the Week - Roasted Veggies


If you have never roasted veggies it is time you did.  It's simple, flavors are enhanced, they are versatile, and stores well for future use (not next year). Let's start with simple...preheat oven to 400, cut veggies, root veggies do well but so do eggplants and peppers.  Honestly I've never been a huge eggplant fan until now, this seems to sweeten them right up. I hardly shared any, and I went to the store and bought more cause my garden was out of them.  Drizzle olive oil over the chopped veggies, salt, and bake.  I like to bake for 20 minutes, flip the veggies, and bake for another 20.  I know what you are thinking, 'Who's got 40 minutes of baking time for veggie?' Brownies take 35, okay, that was a bad comparison, and now you are going to indulge your sugar tooth instead of your veggie tooth.  During that 40 minutes you could clean-up the kitchen, fix dinner, play with your kids....I'm sure, like myself, you have no problem filling up your time with things that you enjoy.
Served as a meal


Serve on a Sandwich

Cut enough veggies so that you can use some later.  Cover a whole cookie sheet with as many as possible. Remembering not to pile them to high, as this will turn them into steamed, overly-cooked veggies, not roasted yummy, delicious veggies that you are going for.

2 comments:

  1. i love roasted veggies!! yours look waaaaay better than mine though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also delicious, roasted broccoli. Same method, a little olive oil and sea salt, although way less cook time. I also like it with a little parmesan cheese when it is done. I can’t eat broccoli cook any other way.

    ReplyDelete