Thursday, August 11, 2011

Internet on the Farm

On days when the internet is actually working with some type of modern speed to it I celebrate and I upload pictures.  Last week it took me attempting daily to get the pictures of my crazy carrots up, so now that it is working I feel like writing and uploading.

For six hours I weeded our garden, yikes!  This also means that the weather is tolerable for six hours, celebrate.  It has been a hot summer with a lot of learning.  I can identify tons of harmful bugs that roam the garden, constantly I'm on the watch for them.  Golden and I found a Praying Mantis and proudly moved him to protect our favorite tomatoes. 

With all of the caterpillar squishing I do, I finally decided that I need to take a break and allow Golden to 'keep' them.  It has been fun watching them make a cocoon, but the amount of poop they generate is astronomical, yuck!  I'll keep you posted as to what type of butterfly they turn into.

Today I celebrate, the weeding accomplishment, the cool weather, having energy, and the fact that both of my boys are down for a nap at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment