My mother and I attempt to make a weekly calendar of what we are going to cook that week. Last week, on the days I was to cook I decided to try recipes that I haven't eaten in a long time and have never personally made. My two recipes of choice: tortilla soup and chicken pot pie. My desire of tortilla soup come from two wonderful Arizona friends that often made it in the past and I loved partaking. My desire for chicken pot pie comes from my childhood memories of the rare moments of frozen individual-sized pies that my mom would buy for us everyone once in awhile, like once a year or less.
Both recipes were delicious. I was afraid of soggy crust on the pie, as I have not mastered the art of crust making. Since gluten-free flour doesn't have the sticky texture of wheat flour it is somewhat difficult to roll it out, so I decided to make a crumb top, which turned out well. The pie was filled with carrots, celery, onions, golden beets, and my personal favorite, parsnips, yummy! Can't wait for the day when all of those veggies are from our garden.
Oh my, that DOES look good!
ReplyDelete