Saturday, January 29, 2011
Better then Eating OUT
I use to believe that I needed to eat out to experience really good food. Last night I change my mind. Having gone both dairy-free and gluten-free makes eating out a challenge. It seems as though all food is covered in some creamy sauce or butter (also a dairy product). Reading the menu has become a fine art. So while out to eat last night, I settled on scrambled eggs with goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and mushrooms. I don't recall what the side dishes were but they were replaced with tomato slices and broccoli, neither of which had much flavor.
Pete often tells me that my cooking is better then restaurants but I have felt that he says that so that I will continue cooking for him. Needless to say I haven't believed him until this morning. I replicated the eggs in omelet form. First I sauteed both onions and mushrooms, then I whipped the eggs, poured them on into a hot pan, scooped up the mushrooms and onions, sprinkled goat cheese (fresh from a neighbors farm), chopped up spinach, and tossed some sun-dried tomatoes in before closing up my beautiful replication. For the side dishes, sweet potato fries and multi-colored quinoa (a grain from South America), both gluten and dairy free.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It looks AWESOME! I make a very similar omelet almost every morning with feta cheese. Haven't tried the sundried tomatoes - that'll be next!
ReplyDelete