Golden had his 5th birthday. He woke up and told me that he is almost an adult now. I told him that adults just work, whereas kids get to play. He responded with he prefers work, so he's ready to be an adult. With his vocabulary and the way he speaks, he sounds like an adult.
Pictured here is him with his birthday cake. Since his dear friend Carl-Glen had a John-Deere tractor on his cake, that was exactly what G-man wanted too. This was the first time I've made colored frosting, so the toys made it look real good, dusty dirt road and all.
 |
| Carl bought a tractor for both boys so there wouldn't be any contention. |
 |
| Uncle Hans made G-man a castle. |
 |
| I made him a sword. |
While making this sword, I realized I was totally meant to be a mother to boys. Sadly upon completing this sword, and having not gifted it as yet, Golden informs me he doesn't really want to be a knight anymore, just a cowboy. This totally deflated me. Although now we are working on a sheath together.
I love you cowboy-knight-farmer! You are the hardest worker I know, guess that makes you an adult!
You are the coolest mom ever! I love the cake and the sword! And Hans did a great job on that castle too! Happy birthday, Golden!
ReplyDeleteI thought of your two birthday boys last week. Looks like Golden had a wonderful day. Love you all!
ReplyDelete