Friday, October 22, 2010

Obsessions - Green Tomatos?

Never put reading material by a nursing woman's chair because quickly they begin to obsess over whatever it is that you left to close to them.  While nursing a baby I've got time, lots of time, over and over again, all through out the day.  Due to this factor of having time while nursing, I've read everything that is close to my nursing headquarters.  As for this cook book, it came from a pull-up-the-tomato-plants-party at another farm. My parents had attended with my younger brother, who is interning at that farm, learning how to farm with horses.  They came back excited about what they had learned and saw and were eager to share their new found treasures....a green tomato cookbook.  Opa graciously gave it to me while I was perched at my nursing station and now I've read it tons of times.  This gesture of kindness has turned into raspberry-green tomato jelly.  Random I know, but after reading it over and over I had to try.  I'm sending home a jar with each of my brothers for a review.  This jelly is the strangest thing I've ever made.

1 comment:

  1. what a glorious insight you have shared with me! now i know what to do with all of ours.

    ReplyDelete