Soggy green trees, I've never been a big fan. But I heard that it is totally different if grown in a garden. Well, it's true. Our home grown broccoli is delicious, the real catch is how you prepare it, slightly steamed, it turns bright green and you are done. I rinse with cool water to stop the cooking process and preserve the crunch.
But these aren't my thoughts about broccoli...my thoughts went something like this, yesterday when I was in the kitchen with a beautiful handful of broccoli and I was about to prepare, I looked over the shape of this bubbly green plant and thought, "You could never get pesticides off of this plant." Really, have you ever looked at broccoli? Lumpy, bumpy, stems everywhere, crowded together broccoli? Knowing that organic is out of so many peoples price range I think that if one is going to purchase broccoli it has to be organic or not bought at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment