Friday, August 9, 2013

Farm Hands

It's so nice to have farm hands.  The boys, when they put their minds to it, can do a lot of the chores around the farm.  I walked out one morning following my boys and I heard G-man getting the chicken feed trays.  I sat back and photographed the whole event.  He also ate an apple the whole time.  He is such a motivation around here. 
Putting Feed in the Trays, while Eating an Apple

Filling the Feed Trays with His Sidekick Watching

Letting the Hens Out to Eat

Work is All Done!
Last week we were working on improving the landscaping around the farm.  This summer hasn't been overly hot, like last year, and the plants are finally 50% off at the nursery, so we set to planting.  The only problem was a small tree that was in our way.  Pete and I determined that cutting it down would be the best and quickest option.  But G-man wouldn't have it, he lectured us about taking care of the earth and protecting plants, nothing like having your own soapbox moments reflected to you from your child. 

All on his own he set to digging up the tree.  I started digging the new hole.  Pete helped him finish digging it up.  Five sweaty days later we finally had the time to put the tree in it's new hole.  At which point G-man gave up on the project, but Pete and I felt like we had put to much into saving this tree, so we finished.  We just needed his five-year-old determination and reminder that we are stewards here to get us to finish the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment