Wednesday, May 8, 2013

We Went a Hunting!!!

The Midwest has some nice perks, morel mushrooms is one of them.  Since arriving here we've heard how they can be sold at $25 a pound.  Our neighbors came over yesterday and we got to chatting about morels, since others have been finding them.  With Pete's curiosity peeked, he took the boys to the woods and went a hunting.  They didn't find pounds and pounds of them, but they did find a small patch.  They brought them home to me and asked me if I would please prepare them for dinner.  With the help of the internet I secured a reasonable recipe that emphasized the morels been the star of the meal.  I could agree with that, specially since all the other recipes wanted me to drown them in a pint of heavy cream, yikes!  The meal was delicious, but the smells that were left flowing through our house for the evening were divine.  We're big fans.  Hope to find more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment