Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Can I get Some Spring Weather Please?

I have to admit one of my obsessions, I love looking for books on Amazon, I do realize that shopping there doesn't help the local bookstores, but I do love my recommended reading list.  At the beginning of the month one of the recommended books was titled "Winter Gardening."  Given the up and down weather, I thought this title fit perfectly for a recommend read in May.  On May 2nd, a record was set here in Kansas, it was the first time that it had snowed on that date. 

Now just 13 days later and with temperatures in the 90 I can hardly believe that it snowed so recently.  This has made growing and planning what to grow next, a absolute nightmare.  The cold weather crops, like peas and lettuce, are just now coming up, and not liking the heat.  Where as my hot weather plants, like tomatoes and peppers are not in the ground as of yet, they would be today but I'm currently avoiding the extreme heat.  So those of you wishing the buy produce from us, I hope it will be soon, if it doesn't snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment