Prior to becoming a farm girl, I was an art teacher. Hard to believe for a girl that is always dirty and struggles to find time for color. A year ago I found this contest, it is hosted by Main St. Leavenworth, as a way to promote art and local businesses. I don't know about you but I don't want Wal-Mart to be my only option. I love stores where I walk in and they know my name, like Gronis Hardware downtown on Cherokee. This gave me an opportunity to work with color, be crazy in my design, and support my local community. There's that 'C' word that my husband loves so much - community. For me that means getting outside of myself and discovering more.
Downtown Leavenworth Kansas is fun, I love the eclectic shops, and the individual dreams they represent. Some of my personal favorites are: The Turquoise Fish, Schrivners, Candle Queen Candles, the Book Barn, The Yoga Co-op, and Artist Works by Lu, just to name a few.
The Chairs will be displayed in various shops through June 12th, as soon as I visit some of them I'll share more info. If you want to vote for mine then you can put your loose change in a jar in front of the chair. Guess I'll have to go find out what shop it is in. Then the chairs will be auctioned off, so if you want to own my chair you can.

No comments:
Post a Comment