Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Oven

So what if the book that we consulted said they built an outdoor oven in a day, who needs a day when we've got a month under our belt already.  We've looked over tons of plans and of course the biggest, most beautiful ovens appeal to us the most, so we are going for the best on our first try.
The 3 foot hole, dug by Pete.
The foundation layer.


Pete busting more rock to make sure it fits just right.  The man is a perfectionist.

A month later and we are finally above ground! Celebrate!

3 comments:

  1. I hope he has a new book to listen to other than Eragon! :) The oven looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome!!! What a ton of work - especially busting rock! It looks great, you guys! :) Enjoy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already thought your solar oven was awesome and now you go and raise the bar! I can't figure out how it works, tell me or can you point me to some information online? Love you both!

    ReplyDelete