Thursday, November 10, 2011

Our First CSA Season

This was our first year offering veggies and fruit grown from our garden to other families.  Our season started out a little late and we were nervous about how many families we could actually harvest for, so we were slow to add people.  But all in all the growing season was a success.  Highlights from my point of view are always in the form of people, the ones that met us every Tuesday and pick up their 'delivery'.  My son loved seeing you all and was always excited to tell me who he got to play with and who he got to see.  My favorite story is when he sold Shelia a rock that he had picked up in the parking lot for a quarter.  Thank you for always chatting with him, bring your kids to play with him, and being so willing to support us in this adventure.

I tried to keep the produce familiar but with a flare, meaning that I tried to always provide something that you probably pick up in the produce isle weekly without even thinking about it, like tomatoes or lettuce.  But I also tried to expose you and myself to new items, if they are even at the grocery store I'm sure you'd never notice, like purple cauliflower.  Weekly I enjoyed discovering which fruit we had available.  I had no idea the effort our chickens would go to to get a bite, especially off of the peaches.  Finding native Paw-Paw tree did my taste buds well, loved the flavor and texture, could have done without all of the pits.

Thanks again for your support, we are looking forward providing home-grown with love produce next season.  As I prepare to order seeds let me know what you'd like to see, or try.  Have a great holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment