Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Summer Grind

Boy it it hot!  Our days consist of getting up early, not to early or the mosquitoes are still out, and getting our "have to do chores" done.  Then the boys wake up and the morning officially begins, which consists of book reading, snuggling, and drinking goat's milk.  Then we get a few more things done followed by seeking refuge in our kiddy pool and eating Popsicle.  During the heat of the day I stay in with my boys, where as Pete pushes on through.  There is never a dry spot on that man's clothes from all of the sweat. Whereas I got peaches turned into jam and canned.  Then I remind him it is July and Kansas, so the weather might stay this way for a few weeks tops and then we are back into enjoyable weather.  Unlike Arizona, where a 100 days over a 100 degrees with no rain is typically and the weather doesn't break until mid-October.  We're doing well, our animals are doing well, our plants are doing well, no if it could only rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment