Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Thanksgiving Pie

 A few years ago, my little brother shared a story with me about a man who wrote down 100 things he wanted to do during his life time.  Being inspired, I started my own list, upon which I wrote....baking excellent pies.  Every year around Thanksgiving I give this goal a try once again.  This is the first lattice pie I've ever made, it looked beautiful, it tasted....so,so.  You know a pie is only mediocre when there are leftovers and a week later you are still trying to get ride of the last two pieces.  The peaces were delicious, the crust....well it was gluten free, which is not the same as white flour. 

Golden was actually helping me make this pie when I stepped out of the room for a moment to come back to the crust completely covered in all of the gluten free flour from the entire container.  Thanks to him it became my first lattice pie. 

Still learning, still having fun eating!  My favorite is still ginger-apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment