Tuesday, January 28, 2014

It's Slow and Cold

It's been a long while since I lasted posted.  No worries we haven't dried up and blown away, nor have we been marooned, although being sick as long as we have, our farm house is starting to feel like a small island that we can't seem to get off.  Since my last posing in October, we've been taking it easy.  Thanksgiving was celebrated with two home made pies and nothing else, as I didn't want the pressure of preparing so much food. We were grateful, we spent time with friends and no one was left feeling exhausted or needing a week long nap.

Christmas was fun, as our boys have gotten bigger the excitement of it all is that much more fun.   Around three in the morning I woke up every hour, listened and hoped, hoped that my boys would come wandering into my room asking to go upstairs.  When seven o'clock came around I could barely stand it any longer, yet I waited.  They both wandered into my room and climbed up onto my bed around 7:30 and asked if there were more presents upstairs.  However, Pete was outside milking the goats.  So we waited.  G-man noticed that there was a furry something sticking out of his stocking and claimed that a mouse was eating his chocolate, and that we needed to get in there quick!  The rodent of terror turned out to be a finger puppet of a squirrel. 

Since then we have enjoyed temperatures below zero and up to 70 degrees.  Completely calm days and days with 55mph winds.  It's hard to plan any outside projects, although we did plan on pruning the fruit trees and that day turned out to be sixty!!!  As much as people say talking about the weather is a rather boring topic, it sure does control our lives as farmers.

No comments:

Post a Comment