Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Freestate Trail 1/2 Marathon, Take Two

Last year this was the first trail run and 1/2 marathon that I had ever completed.  I love running in the forest, I'm not much of a pavement girl.  This year I decided that I wanted to make the top ten and take at least 10 minutes off my run.  Well, I accomplished both.  I took 9th in the female category and took exactly 10 minutes off my time.  Thanks to my four big farm dogs for needing to go for a run daily.  Zippy, our grandma dog (13 years old) still outruns me, she is my reason for putting on my running shoes six times a week.

Look who came to visit and cheer me on!  Rachel and Lilly!

At the finish line with my dad.

Just pretended this guy behind me was my little brother Kevin, kept me totally motivated.






If you know my dad, then you know he loves to play monster, this series of pictures really shows how intense he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment