 |
| Note the cowboy boots over the pj's. |
 |
| My holiday raccoon and dinosaur. |
 |
| Boots and Jammies! |
As a parent, I found this Christmas season particularly fun to plan for, as my boys have gotten a little bigger. My five year old leads the fun and has his partner in crime right behind him. Real holiday excitement exudes from him, and as his parent I take his lead and follow. Thus stated, you still have no idea how things are going to turn out.
G-man visited Santa this year, I watched as he slowly walked closer and closer, not one to approach strangers, but he knew this guy was the key to getting what you wanted for Christmas. He requested a tractor, afterwards he told me he really wanted to ask for a toy gun, but he had a feeling that Santa doesn't make toys like that. Tractor, that was an easy one to fulfill. I also finished his knight costume that I had started for Halloween. I wanted to have my bases covered and those are the two he jumps between, knight to cowboy.
Four days prior to Christmas my husband introduces my boys to pirates and shows them pirate king from Pirates of Penzance. Four days prior to Christmas, all my kids can say is that they want to be pirate kings, great. I attempt to gingerly push these ideas aside, as I didn't want to shop or make anything else. So what was their favorite gift....cowboy boots! They both wore them all day over their jammies. They even have fun ways to walk in them. If G-man wears his into to town, he wants to be carried to the car so they don't get dirty. Who knew? Something practical and usable on a daily basis would make number one!
No comments:
Post a Comment