Sunday, December 9, 2012
A New Best Friend
For a couple of weekend now, Golden has been helping to cut down, split, and stack wood. Okay, he only hauls and stacks wood. This beautiful old, enormous tree was in the yard at this dear sisters home. Golden and her have become the best of friends. He tells me stories that she has shared and he looks forward to saying 'hi' to her at church. The story he told me today went something like this ~ She told me that there was this one kid who would help her out, but he didn't getting paid in money, instead he liked getting paid in cookies. I think I'd like to be that kid mama." I sure do love my hard-worker, today we stacked wood and picked up sticks to prepare for the up and coming freezing temperatures. We'll stay warm thanks to his hard work. Glad there are opportunities for him to share his love of hard work and help others in the process. Friends across generational lines, how awesome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment